Welcome to Christ Covenant OPC
Welcome all who are spiritually weary and seek rest, all who mourn and long for comfort, all who sin and need a Savior, all who are strangers and want fellowship, and all who hunger and thirst for righteousness. We welcome you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ!
Thank you for visiting our website! Let me be the first to welcome you. You have likely landed here in search of a church that might have a set of distinctives that you deem important. To be sure, every church has its own identified (and perhaps some unidentified) distinctives and so do we.
As a congregation of the Orthodox Presbyterian Church (OPC), we emphasize:
- The absolute authority of God’s holy and inspired Word (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1: 19-21).
- The absolute sovereignty of God over His world (Psalm 115:1-3; Daniel 4:34-35).
- The absolute necessity of salvation through Christ Jesus alone (Acts 4:12; 1 Timothy 2:5-6).
- The absolute requirement of “loving the Lord our God with all our heart, mind, soul and strength and our neighbors as ourselves” (Matthew 22:37-40).
But how do our distinctives work their way out practically?
- Because of our commitment to the Scriptures, we make use of sound, exegetical and expository preaching to reveal the whole counsel of God (Acts 20:27).
- Because of our commitment to God sovereignty, our worship is reverent and Christocentric (Hebrews 12.28-29).
- Because of our commitment to Christ as “the way, the truth and the life” (John 14:6), we preach Christ and Him crucified (1 Corinthians 1:23-25).
- Because of our commitment to loving our God first and our neighbor second we take most seriously our Lord’s words to His disciples in the waning hours of His life. “A new commandment I give you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another” (John 13:34-35).
All of this, of course, flows out of our compelling desire to glorify our great God. We believe that we best glorify our Triune God as we exalt King Jesus through our passion for and devotion to Him. Thus we aim to obey Jesus, reflect Jesus, preach Jesus and love Jesus.
We hope that you will visit us and drink deeply from the fountain of grace that Christ offers those who thirst (Isaiah 55:1; John 4:13-14).